Veterans Advisory Council
Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger is proud to launch Maryland’s Second Congressional District Veterans Advisory Council. The Council will advise the Congressman on relevant policy and promote awareness of veterans’ issues within the Second District community. It will also help preserve the honor due to all veterans and actively recognize distinguished veterans and advocates on behalf of the Congressman. Veterans and veteran spouses and caregivers are eligible to apply.
The Veterans Advisory Council will:
- Provide Congressman Ruppersberger with guidance on legislation relating to veterans’ affairs;
- Formulate reports and recommendations;
- Determine issues which need additional public attention;
- Work with Veteran Service Organizations to promote community outreach and awareness of veterans’ issues; and,
- Honor and recognize military service and MD-02 veterans by developing and implementing an award program.
Congressman Ruppersberger’s represents tens of thousands of active duty servicemembers and veterans who live in Maryland Second District, which is home to Fort Meade, Fort Howard, Aberdeen Proving Ground, the National Security Agency, U.S. Cyber Command as well as several National Guard facilities. In addition to serving on the Defense Appropriations Committee, Congressman Ruppersberger co-chairs the bipartisan House Army Caucus and is Chairman of the U.S. Naval Academy Board of Visitors, on which he has served for the last 12 years.
Interested persons can download the application here. Completed and signed applications along with a DD214, professional resume and a headshot should be sent to Congressman Ruppersberger’s Director of Constituent Services, Ms. Jasmine Ginn, by email at Jasmine.Ginn@mail.house.gov or by mail to 375 West Padonia Road, Suite 200, Timonium, Maryland 21093. All applications and corresponding documents must be received by COB March 1, 2022.