Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed
  • Constituent Service By The Numbers This Session

  • 59

    Constituent Cases Closed

  • 309

    Constituent Mail Responses

  • 87,620.00

    Dollars Recovered for MD02

Connect with Dutch

Postal Issues: FAQ

Congressman Ruppersberger’s office may be able to help if you have an ongoing postal issue that has not been resolved through normal processes. Please review the following Frequently Asked Questions before contacting the office, as they may contain the information you need. The U.S. Postal Service also maintains a customer service page that offers detailed answers to a wide range of mail-related concerns.

How can I report a problem or file a complaint?

For general assistance or complaints, call 800-ASK-USPS. Agents are available Monday through Friday 8 AM - 8:30 PM ET and Saturday 8 AM – 6 PM ET. You can also use this form to send an email. You can also visit any post office and speak to the Station Manager.

I’m moving. Do I have to go to the post office to notify them of my new address?

No. You can change your address online here for a $1 fee if you have a credit card and valid email address. You can also print the form and then mail or deliver it to your local post office to change your address for free. After changing your address, the U.S. Postal Service will forward your mail to your new address for up to one year. Click here to locate a post office to pick up or drop off a change of address form.

What should I do if I think my mail is lost?

Only Registered Mail and Express Mail items are accounted for during their entire journey through the mail system. First Class mail is not guaranteed. However, you can file a complaint regarding any non-received mail.

If expected mail has not arrived after sufficient time has elapsed (please wait 14 days from its date of mailing), please fill out PS Form 1510, Mail Loss/Rifling Report. This form is available at your local post office. Click here to locate a post office near you. If you suspect your mail has been stolen or tampered with, you can file a complaint online.

Still have questions? Contact our office!

If you would like Congressman Ruppersberger’s office to help you with a postal matter, please contact my office at 410-628-2701. You may need to submit a Privacy Act Release form, which you can generate here. The Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits any department or agency of the federal government from releasing any personal information about a person without their written permission. This form will enable my office to initiate an inquiry on your behalf. For quicker processing, fax your completed form to 410-628-2708. You can also mail your form or submit it in person to 375 West Padonia Road, Suite 200, Timonium, MD, 21093.