2021 Presidential Inauguration Tickets
Presidential Inauguration Ticket Requests
The swearing-in of a new President and Vice President of the United States represents an inspiring time of national revitalization and celebration of the democratic process.
The President and Vice President of the United States will be sworn into office during the 59th Presidential Inauguration on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. This inauguration ceremony will be held on the west front of the U.S. Capitol and managed by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (JCCIC).
This year’s ceremony will be uniquely affected by the current public health crisis. It is possible that tickets will not be available through your Member of Congress as in previous years. We do not expect the JCCIC to inform Members of Congress how many, if any, tickets will be available to allocate to constituents until several weeks after the presidential election is certified.
If you are a constituent of Maryland's Second Congressional District and would like to request tickets to the presidential inauguration should they become available, please:
- Carefully and completely fill out the Ticket Request Form.
- Continue to monitor the email address you provided in your request form for further information from Congressman Ruppersberger's office.
Other Inaugural Events
Members of Congress only handle distribution of tickets to the official swearing-in ceremony at the U.S. Capitol. Tickets to all other events must be requested through the respective organizations.
- Applications for participation in the 2021 Inaugural Parade can be found here.
- The official parade and inaugural balls will be organized by the Presidential Inaugural Committee, a non-profit organization which will be created shortly after the presidential election.
- Please note that the COVID-19 public health crisis may significantly impact the format of traditional inaugural events. It is highly recommended that you check with event organizers before purchasing travel or accommodation.