FY 2010 Water Resources Development Act
Baltimore Harbor Base Plan
- The federal funding will help determine how to place dredged material from the maintenance of Baltimore harbor channels into state dredge material containment facilities.
Mid-Chesapeake Bay Island
- The federal funding will restore James Island and Barren Island through the use of dredge material.
Chesapeake Bay Environmental Restoration
- The federal funding will strengthen and expand Chesapeake Bay Restoration Programs.
Federal Maintenance of West Dundalk and West Seagirt Channels
- The language authorizes the Army Corps of Engineers to maintain the West Dundalk Access Channel at the 50' depth and West Seagirt Access Channel at the 45' depth.
Havre de Grace Basin
- The language addresses concerns about the approach channel to the Havre de Grace Basin.